Unlike other motorcycle apps that focus solely on favorite ride routes or bike maintenance for a fee, the all-in-one design of GoodRide tracks rides, stores trip details and allows users to share everything with their social network - free of charge.
"The only thing more important than protecting the motorcycle is protecting the rider," said Bob Wasserman, senior vice president, e-Business at Allstate. "GoodRide serves as an extension of the company's commitment to rider safety and will help make the road both more safe and fun."
App features include the ability to:
- Log Rides - track your routes, time and mileage for each ride. Add comments and a photo to every trip and store everything in the app.
- Track Rides - connect to Facebook and Twitter and share the trip with family and friends.
- Plan Rides - with everything from the rider checklist to local weather and gas prices, GoodRide helps prepare riders before they hit the road.
- Keep Maintenance Logs - track every oil change and every flat tire. Set service alerts and keep the bike in top condition.
- Call Good Hands Roadside Assistance - call for accident support and bike-friendly service vehicles will be on their way.
An Android version of GoodRide is scheduled for release in the fall. To view an online demonstration, or to learn about other Allstate smart phone apps, visit www.allstate.com/mobile.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®" slogan, Allstate is reinventing protection and retirement to help more than 17 million households insure what they have today and better prepare for tomorrow. Consumers access Allstate insurance products and services through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the U.S. and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®.
SOURCE Allstate Insurance Company